Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wintry Mix

Weather continues to be the key topic of conversation around Central Louisiana, as another storm moves in with a wintry mix and threat of icy conditions.

The Highway Department has gone into freak-out mode, closing highways before the ice hits. According to this article, the elevated span of I-49 over Alexandria will close before dark, and the bridge over the Red River at Boyce will close the same time.

I feel like it's an even bet whether or not we'll have school tomorrow. Our superintendent isn't afraid of the weather, but if the bridges freeze over, all bets are off. You can bet I'll check the school district website before I pull my boots on tomorrow morning.

In just a few more minutes, I'll head toward the hospital. Milady still languishes there. I'm hoping that the docs will have good news for the late rounds.

No comments: