Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Birthday

We hosted a birthday party for a grandson today, our boy Ethan is 12 years old. Cake, ice cream, presents, we had it all.

After the traditional festivities the kids scattered to play and our little one, Elyas, found an old tricycle that my sisters will recognize. Our parents bought it in the early to mid '60s, along with another larger one. They stayed at my parent's house until they retired at which point I took possession. Three generations of children have played on this tricycle and with any kind of care, I'm sure it and its larger copy will live on forever.


We also had the baby here this afternoon and Milady had to get her infant fix.


It was a good afternoon for a birthday party.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like fun! I'm amazed that trike has lasted this long!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Patty says: That was MY bicycle. I loved it and have distinct memories of riding it in circles under the carport. Hope he enjoys it as much as I did.