Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bullet tests

My buddy Junior has a new article up at Castbullet. He's been playing with his Thompson Center Contender and evaluating bullets by shooting them into wet newspaper.

It's always interesting to play with shooty things and Junior's got the pictures to back it up. I think it's interesting that he got a core separation with the Nosler BT bullet at 1725 fps. I've used that bullet for a long time at velocities much higher than that. I don't believe I've ever shot anything but paper with it, but it's good to see how it did at velocities much lower than I normally shoot it.

Go read at the link above. The article doesn't allow comments, but you can come back here and comment if you want to.

2 comments:

Termite said...

Junior should try the Speer 7mm 130gr flat point bullet. It should expand more at 7mm TCU velocities than bullets designed for 7x57/7mm-08/280 Rem velocities.
Ought to make a dandy deer slayer in his Contender.

J said...

I thought about the Speer FlatPoint, Termite, but I wanted to stick to bullets on hand.