Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sunday Morning Dawg

Today I'm on the hook for pulled pork at church. This is our usual Second Sunday lunch at the church, and the ladies decided that we want pulled pork. So, last night I put two boston butts in the oven, rubbed it with seasonings, and marinated in beer.

The original recipe is here, but I didn't use the slow-cooker. No, I put both butts in a 225 oven while we slept. They went in the oven at 9:00 p.m. last night and I pulled them out just a few minutes ago. I'll let them cool while I drink my coffee and pull them apart before we leave for church.

Of course, the dog has been smelling roasting pork all night. It's enough to make your mouth water.


When I start pulling the meat, he'll be near my feet demanding his share. There's plenty for a dog to have a portion before we leave for church.

No comments: