Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Afternoon

I got to school this morning and learned that we've got a soccer game scheduled for this evening. The coaching staff went into fits, because it seems that our soccer guy scheduled this game on the same night as the BCS Championship game. Evidently, they want to watch Auburn beat up on Oregon, although I'm not sure I'll bother. Oregon is a northwest team and Auburn is an SEC team, and if it ain't SEC, then it really isn't college football.

If Auburn loses tonight, they should just go ahead and drop out of SEC football.

I'll be leaving her in an hour to go watch a soccer game that I don't want to watch. It'll be a joy, I'm sure.

On a more traditional note, I was cleaning off my bench yesterday and found a box of .308 caliber, 165 grain Sierra Gamekings. I had forgotten I had those. For those who might not be familiar with Gameking bullets, they're standard cup-and-core bullets, but they're made by the same folks who make Matchking bullets. In my experience, Gameking bullets are very accurate. They certainly let me shoot better than I might otherwise. They're not terribly expensive and they come in 100 bullet boxes, unlike Nosler, who'll only sell you 50 at a time.

Sometime later this week, I'll load some in .308 Winchester.

No comments: