Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Another School Shooting

As soon as I clicked the link to publish the prior post, I noticed a report on a school shooting today and of course I clicked the link.

This one in Omaha, a young man entered the school and shot the principal and assistant principal. One is in stable condition, the other in critical condition. The young man was found sometime later, about a mile from the school, dead from a self-inflicted wound.

When I say my prayers tonight, I'll say a prayer for all concerned. For the wounded principal and assistant principal, for the young man who thought that this was necessary, and for his family, who is in bereavement and asking questions that someone should never have to ask.

Sadly, this incident fits the profile.

1 comment:

Termite said...

But....but....but.....schools are gun-free zones! The law says so! This was impossible! (/sarcasm)

Waiting for the anti-gunners to crank up in 3...2...1...