Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lungs, Breathing

Tuesday afternoon, just as I had finished the prior post on emus, my lady called and said that she had been feeling some pain in her left chest and had the Doctor (she works for a very respected surgeon) listen to her chest. He sent her for an X-Ray and she was coming home to pack a bag, as she would be admitted to the hospital with a 20% collapse of her left lung.

Milady has a history of problems with her left lung. It collapses from time to time and she's familiar with the symptoms. She was admitted on Tuesday night and they took her to surgery on Wednesday morning. She was in surgery for over four hours. She was in recovery for about 10 hours. I talked with the doctor (her boss) several times during the day and it was a very complicated surgery with complications and they had several issues to work through.

One compassionate nurse finally told me at about 9:30 last night that I couldn't do anything for her, that I couldn't see her, and that I really should go home and get some sleep. They'd call if there was any change. So I came home.

The nurse called at 6:00 this morning. She's in ICU and had a pretty good night, considering. I can see her at 10:00 a.m., so I'll be at the hospital at 10:00.

The dog is very concerned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll call you later. Prayers are being said for Milady. I love her dearly!!!

Bob S. said...

Thoughts and prayers for your wife and your family.

If there is anything we can do long distance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Anonymous said...

Bob +1

J said...

Junior +2

Flintlock Tom said...

Please tell "the dog" not to be too concerned. His mistress is in good hands and lots of good people are praying for her. I'll pray, too.

be603 said...

Prayers up and tell the dog he's got the duty till she comes home. That'll keep his mind occupied.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers are on the way.

Rivrdog said...

Wow! I've been out of touch for a few days and Milady has to get remodeled in the O2 dept.

Prayers for a full recovery, an even exchange for yours about my Rivrsis, who just got out of the hospital and is recuperating at home.

Keep us posted, PawPaw.

Termite said...

Hopes and prayers for your wife.