Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vitter and the Madam

I see in the Town Talk that David Vitter's telephone number was found in old records of the D.C. Madam. David may have been patronizing prostitutes. The Senator says:
"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said in the statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there -- with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."


For myself, I know that there is no activity more corrosive to the trust that bases a marriage than adultery. If David's wife can forgive him then the matter is properly between them. I don't have a dog in that hunt.

No comments: