Monday, July 16, 2007

5:00 Monday

**UPDATE** I was wrong. Senator Vitter says he's going to Washington to do the important work that Louisiana needs him to do.
Vitter didn’t take any questions and preemptively answered any questions about a possible resignation by saying that he was eager to continue his work in the U.S. Senate.
Original Post below:

Your Right Hand Thief links to an article that says our Senator, David Vitter is going to make a statement at 5:00 p.m. today from Metarie, LA.
Vitter, R-La., scheduled a Monday 5:05 p.m. CDT appearance in the New Orleans suburb of Metairie, where he was to issue a statement. It was unclear whether he would take questions.
Hell, I wouldn't take questions. I'd simply resign. Hopefully, Senator Vitter will do the same.

Then, our governess, the Queen Bee herself, could appoint a Senator until we could get an election going. We have a statewide election in October. That would be plenty of time for the players to get ready. Qualify in late August, run in October, runoff if necessary in November.

I've never been much of a political pundit, but I put the odds at 60-40 that David will resign this afternoon.

It would be the right thing to do.

In a couple of hours, we'll know if I am right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mixed emotions as to whether he should resign or not. However, no politician in D.C. will want to be seen with Vitter due to the possibility of a photo being taken and later used against said politician in an election campaign. That fact will make Vitter very ineffective as a senator. His elected peers won't want to be in the same room with him.

Anonymous said...

PS: I watched his speech with disgust. However, his wife's speech brought tears to my jaded eyes. I feel sorry for that woman. He has put her through hell.