Monday, July 15, 2024

Trace

 I recall a time when I was training soldiers.  It was a beautiful morning and we were running a qualification range for the 1911. The sun was behind us and the targets were well lit, a perfect scenario.  From the tower, I began to pick up glints of copper as the bullets went down range.   They looked like angry bumblebees, steaking toward the berm.

In other times, I've been able to watch the trace of a bullet as it goes downrange.  There are those odd times when the combination of light and air density and humidity combine to give a visible trace as the bullet passes.

In the photo below, which I cannot couch for, the photographer seems to have caught the trace of the bullet as it passes Trumps head.  The photo is widely circulated and may be enhanced or manipulated, but it may be legit.

Either way, it is a cool photo.  And yes, sometimes we can see a bullet in flight.

I will thank God that President Trump survived, and I will pray for the peaceful repose of those that didn't. The evil act of the lunatic on the roof will reverberate long after we forget his name.

No comments: