Saturday, June 08, 2024

Rodeo

The church hosted a youth rodeo last night, and I was in the cook shack, managing a griddle and a two-basket propane deep fryer.  Mainly on that fryer.


You never know what a rodeo crowd is going to want to eat.  Sometimes it's hot dogs, sometimes it's burgers, sometimes they aren't interested in french fries.  Last night it was all about the fries.  Oh, I cooked 100 burgers, but the fryer was running hot from 6:00 till 10:00. Only because we quit cooking at 10:00.

Running a concession stand is work.  I've never been in the restaurant business, but I love to cook, so I don't mind helping out.  It was interesting to push the limits of that fryer last night.  It deserves further study.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I can't spend that long on my feet anymore...sigh