Thursday, April 18, 2024

Catfish

 So, judging from comments, Sonny's BBQ is a chain.  I had never heard of it.  When the parking lot is full of pickup trucks, and when we went in, lots of fat ladies at tables, that's a pretty good indication that the food is good.  I thought it was a local joint, but I stand corrected.

Looking in a freezer that I don't normally frequent, I found a box of catfish filets.  Farm raised catfish.  I have no idea how long they've been in the freezer, but the box was sealed, so we're good.  That solves the problem of what I'm cooking for lunch.

Watching the pro-Hamas protest that are popping up on the campuses, I am amused at how obtuse the protestors are.  There is no Palestinian cause except to destroy Israel.  They could have had a state years ago, but rejected every offer.  No one wants the Palestinians.  The two neighboring Arab states, Egypt and Jordan both flatly reject the idea of taking refugees.

I know exactly one Palestinian person.  A lady with advanced degrees who teaches.  She emigrated here and built a life.  Fine person, I consider her a friend and colleague.

I have another friend, a native American who worked in that region for a year or so as an industrial contractor.  He frequently says that a person has to live among those people for six months before you truly learn to hate them..

1 comment:

Termite said...

...when we went in, lots of fat ladies at tables, that's a pretty good indication that the food is good.

OK, that's funny right there. 😂