Wednesday, March 27, 2024

The Election

 We're not down to the wire yet, but it is getting closer.  As the Democrats try to prop up Joe Biden, they are getting increasingly desperate in their larfare against Donald Trump.  And, like many of us, the majority of people have made their decision.

The Democrats are hoping that something sticks, and that Trump is actually convicted of a crime sometime before the election.  I don't think that even a conviction will matter. I know it won't mater to me.  If Trumps name is on the ballot, I'll pull the lever for him.

I am reminded of a quote from a past Louisiana governor, who said that the only way he could lose the election was to be found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

I'll tell you plainly that I'm bot sure if I'll be voting for Trump or against Biden.  I'm not giddy about the idea of another Trump presidency, but I am absolutely horrified at the idea of a second Biden term.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t know how our system has us selecting between an 81 year old who is probably becoming pretty forgetful and a 78 year old trust fund baby who has a half dozen various trials going on across the country. We need to figure out how to stop recycling the same ancient candidates and get some quality people in there.

Anonymous said...

Even if Trump's name was removed from ballot, I will write it in. AFAIK, he's earned it, especially comparing the past 4 years with Trump's term. Even with the 'mean tweets', my blood pressure was far less than with the current regime.

No matter who you vote for - vote. And let the chips fall down where they may ...

glasslass said...

I think that people who are actually qualified could be down to 10/15 people in this country. With a gov so bloated and people like kammie baby, petey butboy, and what's his name down on the Rio Grande opening the gates and keeping them open, which one would of these would you vote for to run this country? Most of the CEO's with multi thousands of people would understand bloat. None in congress is qualified except for maybe the Navy Seals in Congress at present. I would trust most, not all, of them to do their best. With 5 Seals and more than 1 running in this election. When Trump is done in 4 years maybe one us them could keep us together as a Nation. And isn't that the best we could hope for at this time?