Thursday, March 07, 2024

Frying Eggs

 Taking a break after lunch (baby back ribs and potato salad, btw), I sat down at the computer to watch a few short videos and algorithm put me on some videos on frying eggs.

Really?  There are people mystified about how to fry and egg? I learned to fry eggs the minute after I learned to fry bacon.  Probably at age nine or ten. A hot pan, steel or cast iron, a little oil, and crack an egg into the hot oil. Leave it alone for a bit, it's fine.  When the egg is mostly done, turn it over, or not. Either way.

Seriously, do that many people have trouble cooking an egg?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

People have trouble with the egg sticking. Lots of fat, enough heat. And a little spatula skill.

Judy said...

I know some folks who had trouble turning the stove on, much less boil water. And they both had PhDs. Me? I was stirring gravy when I was young enough to have to stand on a chair by the stove to do it. I think Heinlein got it right with his observation about insects and humans.

Termite said...

Speaking of ribs, Super 1 has loinback ribs on sale $1.77/lb, limit 2 packs.

Anonymous said...

There are whole generations coming of age that have never cooked. And when I say 'cooked', I mean heat-up a can of spaghetti-o's! Frozen pizza is elaborate. They eat from gas-stations and plastic bags, maybe a micro-wave burrito. The industrious one's learn how to make Ramen noodles.