Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Bad Idea

 Fox News is reporting that there is a "migrant influencer" who put up some videos telling migrants how to take over a home and claim squatters rights.

That might work in places like California, where squatters have rights. In other places, it is a horribly bad idea.

If I came home from a vacation and found anyone in my house, claiming squatters rights, it would throw me into a level of pissed-off rage that might start to subside after the Sheriff showed up to drag out the bodies. If I decided to call the Sheriff.  I know people with excavators and it's a whole lot less paperwork.

I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

If you throw a dead cow or horse on top of the bodies before you back-fill, most folks will stop digging when they hit cow bones.

Just sayin'

Termite said...

Lol....Joe, you are one devious dude...

Old NFO said...

SSS...

Anonymous said...

It's another example of the extreme differences in "reality" for the 2 sides to our society. There are myriad other examples. In blue suburbia, or city, or (shuddder) inner-city, stuff like this is possible. Food comes from in a box or wrapped in cellophane or styrofoam... We don't need tractors and cows, that stuff is messy.
It's baffling to me, but in trying to get the 30,000 foot view of the problems we face, I find them intractable. They simply accept a different reality than the world we live in.

Anonymous said...

Back in 2010 and soon after when the wave of foreclosures came through, there were people advocating similar actions supposedly justified by a variety of reasons. I haven't heard of it, so some method of dealing with it must have been found.
Jonathan