Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Editing Video

 Back in the day, Windows had a nice little video editor.  It was simple, intuitive, and easy to sue.  Of course, as in all things, windows updated and that nice little editor got deleted.  I want to make a video to promote an event we have coming up in August, and the video editors today are neither simple nor intuitive, nor easy to use.

In short, this old dog is having to learn new tricks, and my brain feels tired.  I'm using something called CapCut, which is supposed to be one of the simpler editors, but frankly, my brain is tired.  I've figured out how to open the program, get media into it, do splits and transitions,  then my eyes crossed and I had to call a halt.

Maybe between now and the middle of January, I'll figure this out.

4 comments:

juvat said...

PP,
Don't sweat the small stuff. I've got a Master's Degree in Management Information Systems (aka Computers and how to use them to make information useful to users). Even so, I frequently feel the same way. Just saying "Screw It (or something along those lines), I'll come back tomorrow" and go have a wee dram of Scotch, does wonders for my mood and patience.
Hang in there, "Never give up, never surrender"
juvat

Old NFO said...

Hang in there. Us dinosaurs just take a little longer to get the new tech...

Anonymous said...

check out microsoft movie maker pro, its simple

Andrew said...

I've been using https://www.videoproc.com/video-editing-software/, it's pretty easy to get to know, lots of youtube tutorials