Monday, August 24, 2020

Where is Marco Going?

 You see, that's the problem with hurricanes.  We're not really sure where they are going, until scant hours before they get here.  Oh, the weather-weenies do the best they can, but weather is an inexact science.

For example, here is the weather map I saw when I got up this morning at daylight.

Then, here is a graphic that our state rep put out just a few minutes ago.

The difference in those two tracks is that one of them is a near-miss for my area, the other one takes the storm right over my house.  It's a huge difference and we really don't know yet.  They're pretty sure that it's coming ashore at about noon today, but after that, it's a crap shoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and yours are safe and protected from these pair - hurricane season sure does keep someone on their toes doesn't it ? the good with both is that they appear to be fast moving, spreading out the rain.