Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Repeal the 2nd? I Doubt It

Retired Associate Justice John Paul Stevens has lost his damned mind.  Speaking of Heller, he says:
Overturning that decision via a constitutional amendment to get rid of the Second Amendment would be simple and would do more to weaken the N.R.A.’s ability to stymie legislative debate and block constructive gun control legislation than any other available option.
Repealing the 2nd would be simple?? Only if you consider civil war a simple solution.

I seldom agreed with him while he was on the bench, but now that he's retired, I'm convinced that he is completely daft.  Of course, I'd really like to see the Democrats adopt this plan as a campaign plank in 2018 and 2020. 

3 comments:

Fred said...

It's already been repealed. We now have allowances by permission.

Old NFO said...

He's finally showing his true colors...

Jonathan H said...

As I have seen others say - if you get rid of the 2nd Amendment, all the rest of the Bill of Rights goes with it. If you take away my right to own guns, I'm going to ignore your right to free speech.