Friday, March 09, 2018

Gotta Be Kentucky

Or maybe Arkansas.


Yeah, that's a two-story trailer.

Before I met Belle, I dated a girl from East Texas.  She, her mother, and her brother all lied in 14X70 trailers, on the same half-acre.  The trailers were connected by little walkways so that a person could go from one trailer to another in air-conditioned comfort.  She was a lot of fun for a while, but I couldn't see getting tangled up in something like that.  Oh, and she was a natural red-head too, so there was that to deal with.

5 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

There is one of those right across the Atchafalaya River from Simmesport, before you get to Lettsworth, on the north side of Highway one. It's about 3/4 of a mile from the base of the bridge.

Every time I see it, I'm amazed. Not sure if I'm amazed at the ridiculousness of it, or of the ingenuity, but either way, I'm amazed.

waepnedmann said...

If you park two single-wides side by side about ten feet apart and stretch a blue tarp between them you have an Alaskan Duplex.

Goatwhiskers said...

DLG, I gotta go look at that, I live just a few miles down Hwy 1 from there and never saw it. Paw-Paw, I married a red-head East Texas girl back in '73. Took 5 years, her hair turned snow white, mine turned loose. Draw your own conclusions. 44 wonderful years, lost her back in February. GW

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

GW- it's actually on a dead end little side street called Griffin Street. Its completely visible from hightway 1 though. Its white, and facing highway 1 in front of it is a small brown brick ranch house.

30.971053,-91.790216

Put those coordinates in Google maps and cast around a bit in street view. You'll find it.

Condolences for your wife. I can't imagine.

Old NFO said...

LOL, probably Kentucky... Can't see anybody in AR affording one.