Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday Thud

For no particular reason, this day seemed to drag on, and on, and on.  Running errands on my lunch hour, and Milady called to say that she started a bathroom remodel, and getting back to work for the final push, and I realize that I have a headache.

Headaches are something I just don't get.  I've been on aspirin therapy for high blood pressure for five or six years, and because I take an aspirin ever morning, I simply no longer get headaches.  Today's must have been from squinting into the sun while I ran an errand for my sister, combined with the accumulated stupid from driving in traffic at the time school lets out.

The stupid has been strong today, and I can't wait to get home, take my boots off, and scratch the dog behind his ears. I may be forced to pour myself a tight drink.  Oh, the stupid has been strong today.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yeah it has... Salut!

Rivrdog said...

No offense to your lady, but in a just world, the distaff side would be limited to frou-frou in decorating the parlor, bedrooms and maybe helping to choose kitchen cabinets.

All other matters of home remodeling involve engineering matters, which are best left to men.

Example: my eldest daughter is directing the main bath remodel in her small house. The project just got hung up for three weeks because the exact tiles she wanted for the tub wall surround were out of stock. Had it been me, I would have picked out a fiberglass surround set and it would have gone from box to wall to caulked to used in one short day, AND it would not have that messy tile-setting job and many later re-groutings to do.

Can't tell the kids anything. Don't bogart that bourbon, PawPaw.

Rivrdog said...

Pardon, monsieur. A votre sante!