Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Don't Want a Job

According to the Wall Street Journal, 34.3 percent of the people not in the labor force, don't want a job.
Moreover, Messrs. Barnichon and Figura found, the decline in people who want a job wasn’t driven by people entering the labor force. It was driven by people switching from wanting a job to not wanting one. Long before the recession, in other words, Americans were drifting away from the labor force.
So, it seems that the number of people not in the labor force, who also don't want a job is up to about 34%, according to the number crunchers at the Journal, and as reported at Hot Air.

I don't have a problem with people not wanting a job.  What I have a problem with is people not willing to work, but wanting to eat on my dime.  If you don't want a job, fine, but don't sign up for food stamps, or free health care, or housing assistance, or anything.  No SNAP, no free lunches, nor Medicaid, nor anything.  I believe in the land of the free, but if you don't want to participate, then you should be free to starve to death.

I believe in the freedom to work or not work, but I also believe in the freedom to starve to death.  It's one thing to be disabled, or to be in a situation where you simply decide you don't want to work?  Fine, but don't burden me with paying it.

3 comments:

Goatwhiskers said...

Kinda like the fable of the grasshopper and the ant.

Old NFO said...

Amen... Sing it again!!!

Anonymous said...

What chaps my ass are the "Welfare Queen" brood sows who pop out bastards as regularly as a hen pops out eggs then want welfare for them. I just read of one who had her seventeenth bastard just a while back and only knows the names of two of the 15 baby daddies. Her spawn are also on the public teat and following in "Big Momma's" whoresteps.

How about if the dollar amount of welfare does not rise once computed? No bigger check for more bastards, when something is subsidised, you get more of it. common sense.

My Mom and Dad had seven of us kids, I do not remember
Dad ever getting a pay raise connected to any one of us. (I do remember the pride I felt when I got my first job, and giving Mom half my paycheck every week.)

Same with me and Da Missus with our two. My pay did not increase with the size of my family.

Gerry N.