Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday night

PawPaw is home, drinking egg nog with a splash of bourbon. I'm in my slippers and not going anywhere.

Today went a whole lot more smoothly than I expected. Generally, if I'm going to have problems at the school, real problems like serious fights, it'll be just before school releases or while they're getting on the bus. The day before a holiday, the kids are wild as March Hares and mad as hatters. Additionally, they won't be at school for two weeks, so if there's any getting-even to be done, the day before a holiday is the best time to do it.

Needless to say, I'm always on high alert the last school day before a holiday. Any holiday. However, today the weather screwed with them. It started off warm and rainy and all the kids wanted to do was get out of the rain. Along about noon, the front moved through and the wind shifted around to the north. The temp dropped twenty degrees and the wind picked up. All those kids wearing shorts and no jackets got cold. All the knuckleheads wanted to go was get on the bus and go home. About fifteen minutes after school was over, the parking lot was clear and PawPaw came home. That was as nice a present as I could have hoped for.

Tomorrow I'll be in the woods and tomorrow night, Milady and I are invited to a Christmas party. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to cenlanews.com Thats Steve Coco's blog. Looks like the thugs waited for you to leave to show their rears. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Pawpaw said...

That was Thursday, turned out to me much ado about nothing. We did have two parents get into a dramatic encounter across the street from the school. It was a lovely encounter, with two genteel ladies arguing in the 2100 block of Vance Avenue. Strutting around, prancing, making themselves look like fools.

Just for the record, that was after I'd left the school. I missed it. If I'd have been there, someone would have gone to jail.

Friday was quiet.