Monday, December 26, 2011

Cajun Pawn

I'm seeing the commercials now, so I can tell folks that there is a new pawn show premiering next week on the History Channel. My favorite pawn dealer, Jimmy Deramus and his store, Silver Dollar has been my favorite gun shop for the past ten years. I've got a rifle on layaway there now that I intend to pick up in January.

Here's a commercial they filmed last year.



I walked in on a filming session this past autumn. Didn't see the barricade and walked into the middle of a film session. "Oh, hell. Cut!, Cut! Cut! How did you get in here?"

"Came in the side door, like I always do. What are y'all doing?"

"Filming a TV show. We're going to be on the History Channel."

"That's great, Jimmy. Got that pistol I ordered?"

No, PawPaw isn't going to be on TV, but Deramus' shop will be on the History Channel on Sunday, January 8th. Y'all watch for it. Maybe he'll make more than one season. We'll see.

1 comment:

MSgt B said...

On the calendar!