Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Storm Prep

 Everyone is focused on Hurricane Laura, a major storm in the Gulf.


She's expected to make landfall around midnight tonight

I'll spend the day in storm prep, putting things away.  I don't expect any major problems, simply because we'll be prepared for major problems.  It's not like we've never seen a hurricane before and I'm far enough inland that it should be significantly weaker by the time it gets to us.

This will be the first storm since I've retired.  This one will be different, because I worked through Rita and Ike and Gustav.  This time I'll be home.

4 comments:

DaveS said...

Batten things down tight! It sounds like this may be a doozy. Hope that you and yours weather the storm with no loss of life or property.

OC said...

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in LA from a yankee in MN.
Looks like this one will be a doozy.

pjk said...

Looks like it was a Cat 1 or 2 when it went over your area. Hope you are well.
pjk

Steve Sky said...

Hi PawPaw
I just saw the New Orleans hurricane link on Instapundit and wondered how you were making out.