Monday, August 17, 2020

Support Your Local Gun Shop

 I wandered in to my local gun shop today.  It's a local guy who loves guns, and he really tries to support the community.

"What't'cha looking for today?" He asks.

"9mm Luger, if you have it."

"Yeah, " he replies. "I've got a couple of boxes of Blazer Brass, but I have to charge and arm and a leg for it."

I checked the price.  A lot less than scalping prices, indeed, under 50 cents a pop.  I bought a box, just because.  He's my local dealer, and I'd rather give my money to him than give it to the big box stores (which are currently out of handgun ammo).

He always has neat stuff in there.  Today, it was a Smith and Wesson Model 30, produced in 1953.  It appeared to be new-old-stock, with the box, papers, and cleaning rod.  I was sorely tempted.  I told another .32 junkie about it, and I may regret doing so.

Support your local gun shop.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I spent $3200 at my local Merchant of Death (tm) - who also happens to be the local source for Boy Scout gear - for a new gun safe, funded by my tax return and COVID stimulus money.

Also been in for a couple of minor, outpatient gun smithing jobs.

They only had one gun in stock that interested me - a Johnson model 1941 - but I didn't have $5000 laying around.

Old NFO said...

I try to support ours. Matter of fact, I need to make that trip tomorrow to get new sights on the latest Glock.

Sabre22 said...

We do not have and old time gun shop where i live. But We do have 2 tactical ones One has a 44 AUTOMAG for $5000.00 the other one has a 4 inch barreled Colt Anaconda for $2000.00 Both to rich for my blood. There are 2 out of town ones. I try to get to as much as it is in the same town as the VA hospital So I can get there every 3 months when I go for treatment. The other one is twice as far so I can only go there once a year but they have a good website so I can do layaway Bought a 1944 M-1 Carbine 60 % last year. Both are old school gun-shops