Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Another Varmint

 After we caught that raccoon last week, we thought that maybe we had solved the problem.  Not so mun.  We started noticing more evidence of another thief, so I set up the game camera.  Sure enough

That 'coon seems to have startled the cat.   So, the question becomes; Is that the same coon as last week.  I don't think so, for a couple or reasons.  First, I hauled last week's varmint eight (8) miles from the house in a straight line distance.  I doubt last weeks 'coon has found its way back here.  Seconnd, it would take an extremely retarded raccoon to fall for the same trick twice.

I'll haul this one off to reunite the family.  Hopefully, we've seen the end of our varmint infestation, but I"ll keep the camera set up for another couple of days, just to track the transients.

5 comments:

markshere2 said...

You can fix that with a .22.

That's how I fixed my coon issues.

No more lost chickens here.

Old NFO said...

Glad it's a coon, not a skunk!

JayNola said...

Is there a Blackstone griddle recipe for that? Or you just smother it like nutria and rabbit?

MattB said...

Coons have been tracked for 20 miles in New Mexico traveling to vineyards and orchards!! So maybe take a little further like past a river??

pjk said...

We had serious coon problems in our garden, so I set up a couple of coon daggers - I wound up killing five coons over the next week. If you have two, it is likely that you will get a few more.
pjk