Thursday, February 19, 2015

Vendors

So, I'm sitting at the office yesterday afternoon, late, when a vendor comes in.  Asks for the purchaser.  I tell the vendor that the purchaser has already left for the day.

He hands me a three-ring binder.  Slick graphics.  "Will you give this to her tomorrow?"

"Sure will."  I take the binder and the guy leaves.

So, this morning I take the binder to the purchaser, a gal I drink coffee with every morning.  She tells me to put the binder in that stack in the corner.  I drop that binder on a stack of similar binders, and look at her with raised eyebrows.

"That's the trash stack." she tells me. "When it falls over, I have the custodian haul it to the dumpster."  She goes on to tell me that Google is her friend, she publishes specs, takes bids, and buys from the winning bidder.  Catalogs just clutter up her tiny office.

She tells me that I can have any catalog in the stack, or the whole stack if I want it.  I decline, respectfully.  Google is my friend too.

No comments: