Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Semi-Annual Checkup

Went to the Doctor this morning, he drew fluids and sent them to a lab.  I went back in this afternoon and he told me that the numbers look okay and that he'll see me in six months.

I suspect, from that conversation, that I'll probably live another six months.  If he suspected differently, he'd probably have set the appointment sooner.  Since I've reached the age where semiannual checkups are routine, I'm good with living six months at a time.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Amen to that... Had my mid-year check Monday...

Ed Jones said...

Oh hell I have to go every three months. I must be in worse shape than I thought. Do you shoot wax bullets at the speed draw matches?

Pawpaw said...

Ed - Yeah, we shoot wax bullets. Our little club shoots indoors, but organization-wide, the CFDA uses only wax bullets, and a small market has grown that keeps us supplied. The brass is special brass that uses shotgun primers. You can go to http://www.cowboyfastdraw.com/ to learn allabout it. There's lots of information there, and clubs are listed.