Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chocolate and Leather

It's Valentines Day, that day set aside for love.  Of course, Milady got the chocolate and the card, that goes without saying.  But, she got a little something extra, too.

Several weeks ago, Milady and I went to the 4B Ranch outside of Melder, LA, to try Cowboy Fast Draw shooting.  Milady liked it, both the gunplay and the people involved in it.  On the way home, she told me that she might like to try it herself, but that she'd need her own rig.  She doesn't like borrowing rigs, and as nice as the people are, she didn't want to impose.

So, I did some research, being new to the game myself, and on the advice of some very knowlegeable people, contacted Dustin Damrel of Crease N Corral.  I commissioned a fast draw rig for Milady.  I wanted good leather, cut to Milady's size.  It came in on Thursday, so I decided to surprise her with it this morning.

Dusty does very good work, and if there is anything I've learned over the years, when you're buying gun-leather, go ahead and buy the good stuff first.  It willl save you money down the road.  It's a little more expensive up front, but it's a whole lot less expensive later.

Dusty does good work.  He's a whip maker, but has transitioned over to cowboy holsters and his work shows a knowledge of leather, his research into the game, and his commitment to excellence in his craft.  Very nice work, and I heartily recommend him.

Chocolate and leather.  Am I a romantic sunofagun, or what?

No comments: