Friday, January 24, 2014

Snow

Here in the Deep South, snow is truly an event.  I've got grandkids who have never seen snow, and I'm certain that the Dawg has never seen snow.  I just now walked outside and found an inch or so on the ground and on the vehicles.  This is a once-in-a-decade event..


Schools, of course, are closed, and from my view of the highway, no traffic is moving.  Central Louisiana is shut-the-hell-down until this stuff melts.

Friends and family from the Frozen North might think it is strange that a small dusting of snow will shut us down, but most folks have no idea how to drive in this mess.  For myself, I'll be content to stay home today and take pictures.  I might not see this again for another ten years.  If glowball warmening kicks in, I might not see it again in my lifetime.  This isn't going to last long.  Temps tomorrow are predicted to be in the 50s.

No comments: