Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pork Loin Roast

This has to be the simplest recipe I've ever stumbled across.  Pork Tenderloin Roast.  I tried it during New Year's and it came out so good, I cooked another one this morning for the church.

Pork Loin Roast
Ingredients:
1 10 lb pork loin
Water.

Seriously, that's the whole ingredients list.

Prep.
Preheat oven to 350 F
Cut pork loin in half, into two 5 lb pieces.  It makes it easier to handle
Put each piece in a pan (I use steam-table pans)
Sprinkle liberally with Tony's (both sides)
Add about 1/3 cup water to each steam pan
Cover well with aluminum foil.

That's two five-pound pork loins sprinkled with Tony's, ready to be covered.  Seal with aluminum foil.  You want that water to steam, and keep them from drying out.

Cooking.
Slide them into a 350 oven for 3 hours.  Don't look at them.  Try not do drool on yourself while the roasts cook.
Remove from oven after three hours.  Slice into serving pieces.


That's the same two roasts, sliced and ready to take to a church pot luck.  Serves about 25-30 people.

This is the easiest recipe I've worked with in a while, and it is very pleasing to those that like pork.  Very pleasing indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to try it.

Rivrdog said...

...and these cuts of pork can be found occasionally @$2/#. They freeze well, with a vacuum sealer, I have thawed, cooked and eaten 3-year-old ones that are perfect. For home use, I cut the whole tenderloin in three pieces and freeze separately. If you have a rotisserie on your BBQ pit, they come out well there, too. I would love to find some that are fully-cured & smoked, but no one does that around here.