Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Over

Not completely, but the hunting season is just about over.  The stuff that normally goes to the woods is out of the truck and the rifle is soon to get it's ritual cleaning.  Not that I understand why, because I didn't fire it  once this season.  The barrel is as clean now as it was the first week of November.  However, not all is lost, because when hunting season is over, the shooting season commences.  I was just looking at my bench and I've got a fairly large number of blem bullets to load for the .308 for plinking.  I'm about out of loaded 25-06, so that needs to be done.  I'm woefully low on handgun ammo.  I'm down to my last two hundred rounds of .38 Special, and .45 ACP.  I've only got about 80 rounds of .44 Special, and I'm plumb-out of .44 magnum.  I haven't shot the .30-06 at all since June, and it's time that it got the chance to go to the range.

I'll have to start checking with the USPSA club and see when they've got the next matches planned.  Hunting season mught be over, but shooting season is right around the corner.

I need to get busy.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, loading bench time! :-) (and peace and quiet)... LOL

Rivrdog said...

Midway USA has primers now, some bullets and brass, too. Not much powder yet, though.

Termite said...

Well, you didn't kill Muy Grande, but look at the bright side. Now the first Saturday of every month you can go over to the Pineville airport for the all-you-can-eat breakfast for $6.