Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Too Much Democracy

I see that ol' Pete Orzag has been drinking the Kool-Aid. Pete, if you recall, had some high-level appointment under the Lightworker and he also believes that we've got too much democracy. Well, Pete is showing his ignorance, because our country isn't a democracy, it's a Republic, but I suspect that Pete is playing to the audience. Still, he believes that democracy is a bad thing. Seriously.
To solve the serious problems facing our country, we need to minimize the harm from legislative inertia by relying more on automatic policies and depoliticized commissions for certain policy decisions. In other words, radical as it sounds, we need to counter the gridlock of our political institutions by making them a bit less democratic.
Oh, really, Pete?

Taken in conjunction with the Guv'ner from NC, you see the narrative don't you? The trial balloons? Less Democracy is a good thing.

I had good Democratic friends tell me that they were afraid that President Bush was going to suspend elections and refuse to leave the White House when his term was over. I poo-pooh'd the idea, because I knew that George W. Bush was an honorable man. But, now we've got two prominent Democrats telling us that we really shouldn't have so much democracy in this country. It's a narrative folks, and not one that a patriot can long stand.

If you take away the ballot box, all you leave me is my rifle. Which would you rather I voted with?

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

I agree, these are trial balloons to see what will be said... and I'm afraid of what might be DONE next year...

Dave O. said...

Less democracy? Well, you know,us rabble just refuse to vote the way our betters want us to vote, so they might as well take the right away from us. Grr.palgra

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the far left is familiar with the term "Pyrrhic victory"?

Robert S. Pierre said...

Watch them. You can't trust politicians. Don't these people get it? I suppose that they don't, but there are those with principles that will stand up against them. I guess the law doesn't mean anything to them, either.

Flintlock Tom said...

Pawpaw,
If you will examine my signature over at the GunCounter, you'll see that I agree with you 100%.
I am continually alarmed at the upper level politicians who do not know the difference between a Democracy and a Republic.
Some of our Founding Fathers were afraid of Democracy as well.

Anonymous said...

Wrapped it up nicely PawPaw.

- Rumson

Cybrludite said...

They want to take away our vote? As Leonidas put it so well nearly 2,500 years ago, "Come take it."

hassam said...

nice article .../www.hangsangaccessories.com