Saturday, September 17, 2011

On the Lease

Grandson Zachary went with me to the deer lease today to work on deer blinds. As soon as I turned off the Mule, he headed to the creek to check for sign. Before too many minutes he came chugging back up the hill to tell me that there was deer sign in the sand between two water holes. After I finished my carpentry, we went down to take a look. Sure enough, the boy found sign.


We were met by brother-in-law Chuck and after we checked my feeders, we went over to Chuck's area to check the feeder there. Zachary has grown-up on my Mule, but he was smitten by Chuck's four-wheeler.


We were met by another brother-in-law and we went to his portion of the lease to help him take down a rotted ladder. He'll rebuild it this week. We left the lease at about 11:00 and headed home, meeting Milady at the auction where we spent the afternoon.

Deer season is, by my calculation, only six weeks away and I'm very nearly ready this year. I have some little tweaking to do, but by and large I'm ready.

No comments: