Sunday, September 18, 2011

Misunderstanding

Evidently, there's been a misunderstanding. I've been getting emails from someone named Jim Messina, who thinks I support President Obama. They're not personal emails, they're spam telling me how I can support the president and offering to sell me Obama paraphernalia to put on my car, to hand out to strangers, to extend the conversation about what a good job our president is doing.
Because I can tell you that the next 14 months will be like nothing you've seen from a campaign. If we're going to win, we have to be tougher, smarter, and more innovative than ever before.
The only thing I can figure is that I gave them an email when I reported myself on Attack Watch and they were too dumb to actually read the report and follow the links. They simply added my email address to an automatic mailing list. If that's being "smarter and more innovative than ever before" then it shows that the campaign is dumb as a sack of hammers.

James Carville said last week that the President should start firing staff. I like Carville, although I seldom agree with him. I give Carville a lot of respect because, like me he's a Louisiana boy, and he's astute politically. Savvy. He knows the difference between a supporter and the opposition. Carville is right. If Obama's staff can't tell the difference between a true supporter and someone who lampoons the President at every opportunity, that person should be fired immediately.

I'm going to leave my name on the email list. It amuses me that the President hires people so stupid that they don't read the comments on their own website. Plus, it never hurts to read their emails to True Believers.

6 comments:

Termite said...

You gave your actual email address when you reported yourself as a prank?!

Pawpaw said...

Yep, Termite. The actual address. I've got nothing to hide.

Old NFO said...

Hmmmm.... Methinks some blog fodder will come out of that too :-)

Rivrdog said...

No offense, PawPaw, but your idiomatic expression, "Dumber than a sack of hammers" is out of date. The new expression replacing it is "dumber than nine cubic yards of sour owl turds".

Gerry N. said...

I'm still fond of, and use, "Dumber'n a hemlock stump."

Flintlock Tom said...

So...are "sour" owl turds dumber than the other kind?

;-)