Monday, September 19, 2011

Instapundit quotes Cooper

I normally read Instapundit every day after work. He's a law professor in Knoxville, TN, and many of my readers need no introduction. Still, I was amazed to see the good Colonel quoted on Insty's page.
We are told from all sides that if one wins a lethal encounter, he will feel dreadful. It is odd that no one seems to have felt dreadful about this until very recently. Throughout recorded history the winning of a fight has generally been considered a subject for congratulation. It is only just now that it has become presumably tainted. . . . a predatory felon who victimizes innocent non-combatants on the streets is a proven goblin, sentenced by his own initiative. Some men may be upset by killing him, but not anyone I have met.
I'll be damned.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting... VERY interesting...

Flintlock Tom said...

Perspectives change over the years. Not always for the better.
I have never heard a quote of Jeff Cooper that I disagreed with.