Monday, March 18, 2019

Texas State

We rolled out Thursday afternoon, headed to Needsville, TX, for the opening of the competition season at the Texas State Championship of Cowboy Fast Draw.

I had to drive through Houston, a traffic nightmare of high speed and road construction.  A country boy like me doesn't do well in Houston traffic.  We shot all day, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The Louisiana Contingent.  L-R: Chief Runamuck, Pistol Pearl, Southern Belle, Big Mark, Moon, Big Bill, Akarate Zach, Major D,  Blue Eyed Belle, and Dixie Rose.
After the awards ceremony on Sunday afternoon, we collected out gear and headed home, back through Houston.  We rolled into the driveway last night at about 2300 hrs, and hit the sack,   Now, it's Monday and we're back in the real world.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad it was a safe trip! Hope y'all shot well!

Jonathan H said...

I was in Houston until Thursday visiting family.
I agree - I don't like traffic or big cities. I'm glad to be back to the country, where the dozens of nearby counties, and the nearest 2 big cities, combined have less population than Houston.