Sunday, March 31, 2019

Monkey Shoulder

Regular readers know that I love my bourbon, but recently I decided to branch out a bit, to try Scotch whiskey.  I bought a bottle of Monkey Shoulder, a blend from the Speyside region of Scotland, a blended malt from Balvenie, Glenfiddich and Kininvie distilleries.  I've found it very nice sipping whiskey indeed, and introduced tow people to it this weekend.

The first was my brother-in-law, Pat, yesterday.  He's a Scotch dinker from way back, and I showed him the bottle and offered hi a pour.  He took it and pronounced it very nice indeed.  Later I caught him mooching a dram to mix with soda, which is perfectly okay with me.
The second was daughter-in-law Melissa who told me several months ago she wanted to try good Scotch.  She had tried a pour several years ago at a local bar and said that it "tasted like dirt".  I poured her some Monkey Shoulder and she decided that he likes Speyside Scotch.  Light, fruity, with a nice clean finish.  She likes it very well indeed.
If you are a Scotch drinker and haven't tried Monkey Shoulder, I suggest you give it a try.  It's a very friendly malt whiskey.  Locally, it's abot $30.00 a bottle.   I still love my bourbon, but this Scotch has me re-thinging my whole wheelhouse.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

It's a decent blend. I still prefer my single malts though. :-)