Thursday, July 12, 2018

Yellow Jackets

Yellow Jackets are little buzzing, stinging insects.  We had a couple of nests several years ago in the back yard, and I set traps or them.  WHY traps, just like these at Amazon.  This stuff murders t hem.  In a short while, my yellow jacket problem was solved.  It's a pheromone trap that lures them in, then drowns them.  Works great.

This morning, mowing the front yard, I got wrapped up in yellow jackets.  They hit me twice, once on the shoulder, once in the middle of my back.    the one in my back feels like he hit me with an ice-pick.  I was considerable pissed.

After mowing, I had to run to Lowe's, so I picked up another of those WHY traps.  I'm getting ready to show them a little trick, and they ain't gonna like it.

1 comment:

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Just thinking about those pests gives me chills. I have had several days ruined by them in the woods. They do give you the energy to run no matter how hot and tired you may be. Sneaky ones will hide in your clothes and hit you later as you are driving down the road. I like to put a little gas in a bottle and stick the neck down the hole when I find them in the yard.