Friday, April 13, 2018

Not Ignoring Y'all

I thought I was busy during the run-up to Louisiana State, but that was a different kind of busy.  I'm trying to put this match to bed, and I'm dealing  with a flurry of emails concerning record-keeping.

I know that it's part of the deal, but the questions are starting to appear trivial and inconsequential.  But,I'm trying to maintain my sense of humor and give the functionary whatever it takes to make them happy, and possibly quiet.  It's aggravating as hell.

I understand the yearning of those folks to get their questions answered, but I am utterly convinced that in October, when the competition season is over, the answers to the questions I am dealing with will make not one whit of difference.

It's aggravating.   I'll answer his question one more time, and hopefully we can put the issue aside.  But, I intend to in October and see what effect my answer had on the final standings.  If, as I suspect, the question and answer was truly inconsequential, I'll remind him that he should learn to discriminate between what is important and what is not.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sigh... Gotta 'love' those folks... NOT!