Sunday, April 01, 2018

Easter Sunday

I pretty much took the day off, it being the celebration of the resurrection of our Lord.

Belle and I cooked ribs, beans, and corn-on-the-cob.  We cheated on the ribs, though.  Belle cut four racks of baby-backs in half,  rubbed them down with my good rib rub, then put them in the pressure cooker she got last year.  Forty minutes later, they were fork-tender and the bones were falling out..

I took them outside and put them on the smoker. for a couple of hours.  About a half-hour before serving, we added some good sauce and let that caramelize in the smokey heat.

Second son came over about lunch with his family and we laid into the ribs.


That's the left-overs.  I'll do something with them later.  Belle will probably take them to work tomorrow, along with the few left-over beans and corn.


Grandson Lucas and I, hanging out on the porch..  He and I had been in the shop piddling around, and decided to go hang our with the rest of the family on the back porch.

Now, it's Sunday afternoon, and the dawg and I are hanging out with Belle in the living room.


I feel an easy-chair nap coming on.  This may be the last time I get to take it easy before Louisiana State.

Happy Easter, y'all.

No comments: