Sunday, April 15, 2018

American Business

Chick-fil-A is an American phenomenon, a Christian run business that sells yummy chicken sandwiches.  Simple, good food that America has embraced.  And yeah, they're closed on Sunday.

However, not everyone is pleased when a Chick-fil-A store opens in their neighborhood.  Like the New Yorker magazine.


If I were the manager of that tore, I'd send the editorial office a sack full of sandwiches on Monday, with a nice note thanking them for the free advertising.

3 comments:

kamas716 said...

Their first ND store opened here in Fargo last fall. It's still so busy that there's no point in stopping in for lunch/dinner unless you have a couple of hours to kill (drive through line runs out onto the street and the parking lot is always full). If you go a couple hours outside of lunch/dinner you'll have a chance to get through in a reasonable amount of time.

Robert said...

Went to one for the first time recently. I mentioned this to the employee. Meal was on the house. I expected some evangelizing but all I got was a warm welcome and some food. Nice folks.

Ruth said...

To compare and contrast: here in upstate NY they recently opened their first store. Its sharing a parking lot with my current job, so I've got a birds eye view of how its doing. Not only have there been no protesting or other upset, they're busy as hell, to the point where my employer has had to have words with the landowner/landlord about traffic routing, because the additional traffic is putting our employees at risk!