Tuesday, May 18, 2010

At the Auction

We went to the auction this past Saturday, and bought only two items of note.

First, a set of six beer mugs. These are cut crystal mugs that hold approximately 10 US ounces. A 12 oz beer won't quite fit, but I think it's a very elegant way to drink beer. The beer in question is Sam Adams Boston Lager, which I keep in my beer cooler.



Next, we come to a pie-top table stained in dark tones. It doesn't have the carved top of some pie-top tables, but I think it's a nice example of a common table used during the early 1900s. My wife thinks it's probably a Duncan-Phyfe table.



I think it's a lovely example and picked it up with my niece in mind. If she doesn't want it, we'll find a place for it.

I think we did well.

3 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Nice table! Tell Momma I like her taste.

Jake said...

good choice on the beer :)

I'm having a Boston Lager right as I went to visit your page today!

Old NFO said...

Nice choices, and those mugs are purty!!! :-)