Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve and I resolve to make no resolutions. Like my birthday, it's just another trip around the sun.

There are a few things I'd like to do this year and I'll see about getting them done, but I'm not going to make any promises that I'd be liable to break. It is a time to reflect on how fortunate I am and how life changes from one year to the next.

We've been invited to a party tonight, and as soon as we accepted, the host asked Milady is she could make a platter of meat pies. He's a dear friend, a bachelor, so we don't hold it against him. As much entertaining as we do here, it'll be refreshing to go somewhere else, trash that house, then come home to our own. One tray of meat pies is small admission to a party I don't have to clean up after.

Which reminds me. Before we leave this evening, I need to put the blackeye peas on to soak. Tomorrow being the New Year, we always eat the traditional blackeye peas, cabbage and corn bread.

Happy New Year, everyone. Stay safe and thankful.

No comments: