Saturday, August 12, 2023

Still Hot

 By my count, this is the 18th consecutive day where the temps were at 100F or higher. No relief in sight over the next 10 days.  The grass in the yard has gone dormant, brown and crunchy.

The electric bill for July was like taking an arrow between my ribs.  I can't wait to see what August does to my checkbook. I'm sure that it will be amazing.  We had a club shoot this morning, and the weather dominated the conversation.  We've never seen anything like this.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Not in a few years, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

it's 2003 and it's still 102 just south of dfw...joy joy

Anonymous said...

Here it's cooler than last year; my bill says my use is down 30%, but due to price increases the total bill went up...
J

Anonymous said...

August electric bill alone was just shy of $500. About $80 higher than previous all time high. We contained our enthusiasm pretty well. We are also a bit shy of precipitation.

Andrew said...

65 here in western ny, supposed to be in the mid 70s all week

glasslass said...

I'm in far western Ky. Last electric bill that I received last week was for $109. Sold big house where I averaged $400+. Don't miss that at all.