Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Maintenance

This morning, I moved tuff away from the wall in the shop so that I could get to the three A/C units hanging in the wall.  Early in the season I cleaned the filters and coils, and it was time for another run at them.  With 25.000 cubic feet in the shop and these days of 100+ temps, they need every break they can get.

I tell y'all this not so much to highlight my maintenance chops, but because I forget things.  This blog is, among other things, a maintenance diary.  I can search it.  It beats writing dates on the wall, which Belle objects to.

I own a piece of furniture that once belonged to my grandfather.  Inside is a list of dates that he wrote.  I never knew the man, he died long before I was born, but I have his handwriting in those dates. They meant something to him, and I have speculated about it.  They are in pencil, because ball point pens had not been invented and I'm sure that a fountain pen would not have written well on wood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To cool that large of space makes imperative that you investigate alternate means of cooling.

Tech Ingredients is a science & technology channel on You Tube. They constructed a low cost, high efficiency A/C system.

Anonymous said...

Here is one of a series of videos on their A/C system.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4rg3UcsgI&pp=ygUhdGVjaCBpbmdyZWRpZW50cyBhaXIgY29uZGl0aW9uZXIg