Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Indulgence

 I tend to indulge my grandkids.  As a grandfather it is my right.  Grandson Lucas is involved in 4H shooting sports, and his old gun case was getting a bit ragged. So, we went to Harbor Freight and picked out a new Apache case. They are Pelican knock-offs, but they are good, sturdy cases.

But, the foam in an Apache case is for crap. But, I have a friend who makes cases for equipment and he has all the Apache case dimensions already in his computer.  I sat him down with Lucas ad they designed a case to fit his rifle, ammo, and accouterments.

Luke's rifle started life as a Wal-Mart Ruger 10/22.  At this stage, the only thing that is still Ruger is the receiver and bolt.  Pretty much everything else has been changed.


There is room there for the rifle, magazines, ammo, sling, timer, and other little bits. He will still have to carry his shooting mat, but I'll let him figure that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very worthy indulgence. Much better than candy.

Old NFO said...

That is a nice setup!