Thursday, August 17, 2023

Cracks in the Wall

 Recently, I have made a public records request to my local government.  Theye didn't want to talk about.  They hoped they could ignore it and I'd go away.  What they didn't realize is that I am a trained investigator who has a command of the English language and knows how to research statures.

After making a few phone calls and some discreet inquiries, a person who has tried to blow me off called today, telling me that he would love to meet with me to fulfill my public records request.  We have an appointment for Monday at 10:00 am.  He thinks I can be mollified, and he's right, as long as his explanations are clear, concise, and without misdirection. And. as long as nis minions' record-keeping is accurate and reflects reality.  We shall see.

What he doesn't realize is that I am a retired investigator who loves noting more than making bureaucrats squirm.  When I was a young investigator, it was one steadfast rule that you never asked a question for which you did not already know the answer.  There comes a time in every investigation where the culprit decides that  it's time to come clean.  We will see Monday if we get to that point.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get em

Sick em

Fuck their worldly shit up so bad it reverberates into the other worldly....
Please, for all of us.

BobF said...

If you wear a body cam on Monday I'll buy a ticket to view the results. :-)

"Man gotta know his limitations." I'm betting the bureaucrat doesn't.

Anonymous said...

See recent judgement against Desoto Clerk of Court for same B.S.

Termite said...

https://www.ktbs.com/news/desoto-clerk-of-court-ordered-to-pay-fees-penalties-for-public-records-violation/article_f60d2070-3703-11ee-a3da-9baa59157ecb.html

Oh my.....😊

You really really should pull that link up on your phone and let them read it, if they start "the Curly shuffle" on you, D.