Monday, August 28, 2023

Monday Ramblings

 Monday began on an auspicious note.  I awoke at 4:30 like a tree full of hoot owls.  Got up and made coffee.  Had a doctors appointment for labs at 8:00.  I'll go back at 2:00 for his judgmental state.  This is all routine.

The whole thrust of that Maui fire post last week that it wasn't glowball warming.  They will figure out the problem, but figuring it out cost a lot of lives.

When I built my shop five years ago, I had it built for 150 mph winds.  We get the occasional hurricane up here and I didn't want to chase my shop down the street.  If you are building infrastructure, it pays to spend the money p front to withstand weather events that you are likely to see.  I'm just saying.

Speaking of weather events, it looks like we have a new storm, Idalia heading into the Gulf.  It doesn't look like she is coming here, but the folks in Florida need to be aware.

1 comment:

DaveS said...

Hey Pawpaw - how did things work out with your public records request?