Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Big Question

SO, the big question around the water cooler is what Pete Rozelle... Roger Goodell is going to do about the horrible, terrible endings of the Saints game and the Rams game last weekend.

Folks are asking whether the NFL is a sports league, where we can reasonably expect the officials to enforce the rules, or whether the NFL is now pure entertainment, where games are rigged to fit a preferred narrative?  It's a good question.

Not that I care, but it is amusing to watch sports fans to debate the issue.  I have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon than to watch a bunch of  overpaid idiots keel before the flag.  The last Super Bowl I watched was the weekend I met my gal.  We met at a Super Bowl party the last weekend in January, 2001.   Nowadays, they don't play the Super Bowl until sometime in February, so Belle and I don't have a mini-anniversary at the Super Bowl.  It's in the wrong month. 

Now, Goodell doesn't care whether Belle and I have a mini-anniversary, and it's becoming clear that he doesn't care if there is a perception that not one, but two championship games were rigged.

Which is why I don't watch Championship Wrestling, either.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Kansas City/New Orleans would have cut out the two BIG media markets, LA and NYC/Boston. Flyover country teams... Meh... Sigh